Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday, October 31, 2016
Fall Harvest


This is the busiest time of my whole life, and the days are getting shorter and shorter. I'm looking forward to the cool winter months. Already the weather is getting cold and the sun is going down sooner. And my time is ticking by silently.

I don't know what happened, but it's like a spiritual bomb went off in our area. All of the sudden, people are opening up to us, and we are teaching lessons as if we were back in Jungni.

We were not able to meet Brother Hong this week, due to his work schedule, but we will meet him tomorrow. He is still accepting everything fairly well, we just need to work on helping him keep commitments.

We met a new man this week named Curt. (I don't know his Korean name... he just asked us to call him Curt. Even though he barely speaks any English.). It was a miracle meeting. We we literally led right to him. He met with the missionaries in Seoul about 15 years ago, and asked if he could start taking the lessons again. We plan to meet him about twice a week.

We met multiple other people and saw many miracles this week, but I wanted to share a thought that's been on my mind.

On the train ride home to Daegu one evening after a meeting in Pusan, I was sitting staring out the window of the train. The sunset was covered up by large dark clouds, casting a shadow over everything. Suddenly the sun broke through a gap in the heavy rain clouds, shining bright rays into the train. Almost in unison, every single person by a window pulled the curtain closed to keep the bright rays out. Besides mine, there was not a single open window in the entire train car. Every single person was on some kind of device (phone, laptop, etc.). I looked back out the window and saw one of the most incredible scenes of the sun shining through the clouds, sending individual beams in various directions, illuminating the large hills and the river passing outside the train. To me, almost nothing bears testimony of the existence of God more than a scene like that. Immediately I pulled out my camera and snapped a few photos (I'll attach one).
Of everyone on that train car, I was the only one who got to witness that amazing scene. I sat and watched the sun go down for about 15 minutes, until the woman behind me reached over my should and pulled the blinds closed because the sun was casting a glare on her phone screen.

I realized that these people have no idea, not the slightest clue about what they were missing right outside the window. They would rather shut themselves in darkness and stare at a digital screen than watch the sun set over Korea's mountains.

I know God lives, and He wants to speak with each and every one of us. Unfortuately, we all sometimes "close the blinds" to His light. Sometimes we get distracted by the things of the world, unaware that right outside the window, God's hand is being manifest in something as simple as the rays of the sun.

​This is the photo I got from the train window.

I love you guys! Have a great Halloween.

Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment