Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday, October 24, 2016
Sigani barli ganda




I'll make this one a little shorter than usual.

My new companion is Elder Ryker Meyer from Boise Idaho. He is fresh out of high school and ready to work :) it will be a fun 3 months together. Already we have seen lots of miracles, and the hearts of the people in the area seem to be softening a little.

The biggest highlight of this week was, of course, meeting Elder Bednar. It was just him and 120 missionaries, so it was a very personal experience. He prepared no talk, he just asked and answered questions for 3 hours. It was just a large discussion. He asked us not to write down anything he says, only impressions from the Spirit.

More than anything he said, the thing I remember the most is the feeling that I got as soon as he walked in the room. I remember feeling the same thing when Elder Oaks came and spoke to us at the MTC. I don't even remember a whole lot of what Elder Oaks said, but I remembered that feeling.

As soon as Elder Bednar stepped in the room, the Spirit hit me so powerfully. Immediately the thought crossed my mind, "there stands an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ." There are no words to describe those moments and those feelings, but I can testify that there are living Apostles and Prophets on the earth today.


Brother Hong is progressing pretty well. Lots of questions. But questions are good, as they lead those with a sincere heart to real answers.

I posted this quote on my wall last week, and I wanted to share it before I close. It's by President Ezra Taft Benson.

"When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities."

Elder Bednar told a story about when he was young and newly married attending school. He testified that when he strived to live according to the commandments, even though he was imperfect, things fell into place in his life. Looking back at my few years of high school and my year on the mission, I can testify as well that when we place the Lord first, things work out the way they should.

Love,
Elder Sorensen








No comments:

Post a Comment