Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Monday, November 7, 2016
Autumn
​Too tired to change out of my clothes.

Mom and dad, I very much enjoyed your letters. Sorry this is going to be a bit of a short one this week! The week blew by so fast, I am having trouble remembering everything we did.

We got a text this morning from our most progressing investigator, Brother HJ, saying that he is not ready to commit to a church and would like to stop meeting. I'm not going to pretend like that didn't hurt and that I'm not worried about it. It's so hard to be dropped by someone that you have gotten so close to, especially when you start to see them making little strides in the right direction. Someday maybe his heart will be more ready and when he sees the missionaries he will give them another chance.

We had a large ward Halloween party last Monday. The missionaries prepared a small "haunted house" for the children, which was a hit.

We visited one of our ward members named Sohn Jihun, who lost his eyesight about 10 years ago because of diabetes. He is an inspiring man. After meeting with him, I have been thinking a lot about Alma 32:21, "And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." It's interesting that the most important things and the things that have the most impact on who we are are often the things we can't see: things like love, time, faith--and even music. Brother Sohn loves music.

I can't believe it is already November. The leaves are all changing, and the air is cold. And there is no place I would rather be than right where I am right now. Korea is beautiful, and the work of the Lord is the most fulfilling work on earth. I read something from an Ensign magazine that goes something like this:

If you are going to serve others or worship the Lord, you are happiest and most effective when you do it with all the joy and energy you have. All the Lord asks of us is our hearts, might, minds and strength--to the degree that we can offer them. He accepts our unrestrained offerings, as poor as they may be, as the full measure of our devotion.

And that is my testimony. The Lord accepts us as we are. He will always ask for a little more, but that's because He knows we are capable of it, and He wants us to be the best we can be.

Have a great week,

Love,
Elder Sorensen


Our P day, Haeinsa temple.



No comments:

Post a Comment