Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday, November 14, 2016
Excerpts from a letter to his mom

Momma,

I loved your email. I loved it so much that I actually read all the way through it twice. I think there was a lot in there that I needed to hear.

I'm thinking.... that I'm just going to do away with a group email this week and write specifically to you. You asked lots of questions, and I haven't been good at responding to your requests.

... I love missionary work. I want to do this forever.

But I think I know now why a mission is only 2 years.... because I'm tired. Haha. And I still have 9 months left!! Dana says that's normal. I guess the test of an old missionary is keeping up the pace and not slowing down, which is what I intend to do. The days are short and don't feel real. I almost feel like if anything, the pace has quickened, and now I'm just trying to keep up. I think these last few months are where the principle of "enduring to the end" really comes into play, because the pace speeds up and the energy goes down.

I wish I could share with you all my journals. I'm learning so much, especially over the last 2 months of training.

I know you love details, so I took the liberty of taking a few photos before I left the flat this morning.

Our house was originally meant for 4 missionaries, but the other team was pulled out a few months ago, so we have the whole place to ourselves.

In Korea they use sleeping mats on the floor. The bed gets put away in the morning.

Here is the room where we study every morning.
Our kitchen.


​This is our home. We are the first floor. That window right there is looking into our study room. The church is the building on the right. We are almost close enough to spit on it.

Thank you for your emails. You have always thought differently than others, and I have really enjoyed getting to know your real thoughts more through email over the past 15 months. I believe you have the spiritual gift of a pure mind. A mind that focuses on the eternal--a mind that is open to insight and thoughts and impressions from the Spirit. A mind that doesn't get clouded when doubts or trials come your way. Your solid testimony has been the foundation stone for me and for many others, I'm sure. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

This week I read over and wanted to share with you 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. I am speaking in our zone conference this week, and I'm basing my talk off this scripture.

I'm looking forward to the Christmas phone call! Only a few more weeks.

Love you mom.

Elder Sorensen




No comments:

Post a Comment