Hi mom! I'm not really feeling like sending a group letter this week, so I'll write you a personal one instead. I love your letters every week. Just as you think that everything I do here is interesting, I also love to read about everything you are doing back home.
Here is our apartment address. Transfer calls are coming up this week, so hold off before you mail anything to the house, because next week I could be somewhere totally different.
Busangwangyeok-si Haeundae-gu
Jwadongsunhwanro 252
101 dong 601 ho Daeweon apateu
South Korea
I spent the morning in the bath house again! Once you get past the fact that everyone is naked, and you are naked, and everyone is looking at you because you are a naked foreigner, it's pretty relaxing. The past few p-days we haven't done much. Just grocery shopping and playing board games with other missionaries at the church. But today we went hiking on a trail called "Ikidae" that walks around this big cliff with incredible views of Haeundae and Yeongdo Island. It was kind of like the Tubb's Hill hike. I'll send some photos.
The language is coming along okay. It doesn't really bother me anymore. I can't speak well yet, but I can understand and speak enough to get by without too much trouble. I'm almost to the point that I don't have to translate between Korean and English in my head anymore. Korean is Korean, and English is English. It's almost like my brain has formed a new section just for Korean, which is good, because trying to translate between the two languages does not become (there's a direct translation for you).
I really, really look forward to hearing from you each week. I miss you lots and wish we could just catch up on the last few months face to face. There is way too much happening to write through a simple email. Thanks for always being so supportive. I love you!
Elder Sorensen


No comments:
Post a Comment