Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday, January 2, 2017
New Year

Hello family! I hope everyone had a happy new year. It was about 4 in the afternoon here when midnight struck there. It was fun trying to imagine what you were all up to at that time.

I'm really short on time today, sorry. If you would like some fun details about the week, I would refer you to Elder Meyer's blog. You know how he is with details. He'll fill in all the gaps :)

This is the last week of the transfer, so next week I will be with a new companion, possibly in a new area. I can hardly believe I have been in Sangin now for nearly 18 weeks. It flew by way too quickly.
 
I read this morning a quote from President Nelson in which he talked about how in the near future, it will not be easy to be a faithful latter-day saint. Persecution will rise, and all faithful members will have to make a stand for their faith in the face of much opposition. However, those who remain faithful have the promise that "all things will work out for your good."

As we start year 2017, it's obvious that tensions in the world are rising and that the chasm between the world and the faithful is growing. But we have this counsel from our living prophet, President Monson:

"My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."

As we embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, we can truly "fear not, and be of good cheer." The future truly is as bright as our faith. I know this is the true gospel of Christ, and I'm excited to see what 2017 brings.

Love,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment