Sigani oepsda
Thank you to everyone who wrote to me this week! I usually try to respond to everyone as best as I can, but we got cut pretty short on time today, so if I don't send you a direct response, I will make sure to do so next week. I always appreciate that you all take the time to write to me.
![]() |
| Shovelin' dirt in a white shirt (minus the tie) |
As far as investigators: the boy that lives right next to the church, Kim Kyeongdeok, is an interesting guy. We have gotten to know him really well over the last week. We are in a bit of a sticky spot right now, because he sees us more as his two foreigner buddies than as missionaries. We had a really good lesson with him last week, and he told us he believes in God but not Jesus Christ. We testified to him that if he will do all the things we ask him to do (read, pray, attend church, etc.) that he will know for himself that Christ lives. He said he would. We have another lesson with him tomorrow.
I mentioned the miracle text guy, Kim Taegu, who found a pamphlet on the ground and send us a message. He seems to me to be very prepared. We met him in a coffee shop, taught the entire restoration, and he said he has a really good feeling about our message. He's been a little busy, but we will probably meet him again tomorrow. It's amazing how the Lord rewards all of our efforts. To be honest, sometimes it's hard to walk out the door and proselyte. The weather has been around 40 degrees celsius, plus thick humidity. But we still drag each other out the door and do it, and we see miracles. Whoever we gave that pamphlet to originally probably just threw it on the ground as soon as we were around the corner. But this man came along and picked it up out of the dirt, and now we have a new investigator.
We had an incredible zone conference this week. President Barrow is the most inspired man I have ever met. His words have been with me all week long. As time goes on in the mission, the more inadequate I tend to feel (apparently that's a normal occurrence among older missionaries). President Barrow said two things in particular that helped me this week, and I'll end on these.
First: "The Lord accepts you 100% just the way you are, and he accepts your offering and service. He will always ask for more, but let that be a message of love."
The fact that the Lord pushes us and always demands more is truly evidence that He loves us. He is easy to please, but hard to satisfy. He rejoices with every step we take toward the light, but he will never tell us "that's enough, come no closer". He will continue to push us along until we reach the point that He is at.
Second: "Remember that the kingdom of God is not filled with the beautiful, but with the broken and the guilty."
Those with the scars of experience, and who have experienced the pains of a broken heart and a contrite spirit, the ones who have relied on the Atonement of Jesus Christ to redeem them from their fallen state, are those who find place in the kingdom of God.
I love you all! I'll try to write more next week.
Love,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:
Post a Comment