Alooooooha!Thanks for the great pictures! Hawaii sounds awesome. I can't wait to go when I get home. (Amiright? We're going again, right?)It was a wonderful week here in Korea. I feel more and more like a Korean every day. Do you realize I have not gone a day without eating rice or kimchi for nearly two months? Niiiiiiice.We have been running a lot lately. Not for exercise, but to get to appointments on time. It makes me laugh when I think how ridiculous we must look. There goes two young boys in suits, each one holding a book, running full speed, ties billowing, with music blaring from the shops around us.Our wonderful investigator Bak Mingyu is progressing so well, and still plans to be baptized on Dec. 12. I consider him one of my dear friends, and to see him accepting the gospel message and coming unto Christ is a feeling unlike anything I've ever felt. This week we taught him about the sacrament and had him read the Sacrament prayers. While he was reading, I suddenly had a very clear image in my head of him reading those same words in Sacrament meeting, invoking the Priesthood of God and blessing those sacred emblems for real. When he looked up from reading, I saw in his eyes a very choice priesthood man. I can't really explain it, but it was overwhelming, and very powerful.During one of our lessons with him, I felt my words change as I was saying them. It was the first experience I've had where I literally felt my words become God's words. God really wants to see this man baptized. I am absolutely sure that nothing I or my companion can say will have any impact on him, but when the Spirit speaks through us, we see miracles. I understand now the words in D&C 64:33, "... out of small things proceedeth that which is great." I, alone, am inadequate and can do nothing. But God uses small and simple means to bring to pass His purposes.Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be on splits with the Zone Leader all the way over in the famous Haeundae Beach. It's a little intimidating to think I'll be serving with the Zone Leader for a couple of days, but I'm excited for all the things I'm sure to learn.I had a very powerful experience a few days ago after coming home after a night of proselyting and having no success. I thought to myself, "Is what I'm doing right? Am I in the right place? Why will no one listen to us? How is it that only I have the truth, and all these people are living their lives in ignorance?" I flipped open my scriptures and read D&C 6:14-17 and felt that they were speaking directly to me. God is very aware of us.Well, I'm spacing on things to write. Elder Oh Euichan and I are getting ready to go hiking with the rest of the district on some very far away mountain that takes a long time to travel to, so I'd better go. Thank you family for the letters and prayers!I love you all,Elder Sorensen
Elder Sorensen is serving the Lord as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
November 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment