Annyeong haseyo!
Well, I made it. I don't have a lot of time, so I'll send photos and stuff on P-day, which is probably Monday.
Flying into the Incheon Airport was a little surreal. I can't believe I'm actually here! After our two hour layover, we flew into the Gimhae Airport here in Busan and met President Barrow. He is probably one the neatest people I've ever met, and I can already tell that I'm going to LOVE serving with him. Flying into Busan was AMAZING. Pictures really don't do it justice. We flew over the huge suspension bridge and over all the skyscrapers into the airport.
The sun is completely down by about 6:30 here, so it was dark when we arrived. A few of us drove with the Busan Stake President to the mission home, about 30 minutes from the airport. We came up over a big hill and suddenly we were right across the bay from the huge city. I can't even tell you how beautiful it is here. It's like dozens and dozens of small islands connected with large bridges! And it's so clean... and it's so foreign. But I love it already.
We went to the Mission President's home after arriving and they fed us a nice big Korean meal. Of course, we were all exhausted after nearly 28 hours of traveling, so they let us get to bed early (9:30ish). We slept in the mission home, right next door to the President's house and on the top floor of the church building. I slept GREAT, and I feel super well rested and ready to go!
Today, we will do some orientation, then we will head into the heart of Busan to proselyte. I will be assigned my trainer tomorrow, and I'll be in my assigned area by tomorrow night (Thursday night for me, early Thursday morning for you... Korea time is 15 hours ahead).
That's all I have time for! Thanks for talking to me for so long the other day (yesterday... two days ago? I feel like I time traveled a little bit.). It was great to hear from you all!
More on P-day.
Love,
Elder Sorensen
No comments:
Post a Comment