Temples, Life and such
The weather is getting hot!
We had a good amount of success this week as far as finding people. It seems the warm weather is melting hearts a little bit. We were able to meet with a few new people, and we're very hopeful that they will continue to progress in the gospel.
Today a few of us went and visited a Buddhist temple called Haedong Yongkungsa. I actually went there once when I was a trainee over a year an a half ago. It is my favorite Buddhist temple that I have visited in Korea. The architecture, the detail, the chanting monks, the scenery... it's all so fascinating. I have had the opportunity to visit several Buddhist temple in the last few months.
But, the more of these beautiful temples I see, the more I miss the real temple. There is a beauty in the simplicity of the Lord's House. I can hardly wait to go back.
I had my exit interview with President Barrow last week. He goes home in 2 weeks, so I asked him to do my exit interview a transfer early. I learned so much from him. We discussed the verse in Alma 37:47, "Look to God and live."
I have thought about that verse a lot for the past few days. I had always read it with the assumption that it meant to "look to God and obtain eternal life." But when President Barrow read it to me, he added a comma that completely changed the meaning for me. "Look to God, and live." Look to God and go forward in life. Look to God and live life. Look to God and experience joy in living life. We discussed how this missionary service is really just the beginning. Life, with it's many opportunities, is stretched out ahead! The best way to live life is to look to God. We look to God, and then life becomes a fulfilling journey with a glorious destination.
I know when we have our eyes fixed on the Lord, life truly is full of joy. What a blessing it is for all of us to be here experiencing the joy of living. I feel a lot more sure about the future (mostly because college stuff is out of the way for now, haha), and I am so excited for the opportunities that lie ahead.
That being said, I'm not cutting my time here short. I am so grateful for the weeks I have left. I know there is still much work to do, and many people to find. I feel like Elder Kwak and I are going a thousand miles an hour! So much to do, no time to waste.
Ah yes. Elder Kwak. I love the kid to death. We are having such a good time together. He seems to be adjusting very well to missionary life, and he's a hard worker. No complaints. We have half-training meeting this week. Half way! It feels like just yesterday we were stumbling down the road with his suitcases trying to figure out which apartment is ours haha.
Anyway. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Sorensen



No comments:
Post a Comment