"Lord, increase our faith."
When p day rolls around again, I'm usually not sure what to write anymore. The days go so fast, it's hard to remember what we did.
The weather is getting warm! I usually don't carry around a coat anymore. The trees are starting to blossom. In just a few more weeks, the cherry blossoms will all start blooming. I remember this time of year last year; I was in Tongyoung, enjoying the ocean breeze and the islands.
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but here in Masan we live at the top of an enormous hill. We recently named the infamous Masan hill, "Hillga." It's fitting. My thighs are becoming "large in stature."
Rejection is rigid, but there are still plenty of miracles. We meet lots of great people every week, but keeping commitments is difficult for many of them, especially, it seems, the word of wizzum.
I received your package! The contact lenses will be useful, but the CHOCOLATE will be even more useful. It's surprisingly hard to find good chocolate in Korea. They have very different taste in snack food. (No mom, Koreans don't really eat popcorn.) A Korean's idea of a good snack is a hard-boiled egg. You can buy them at every cash register.
My observations have led me to the conclusion that one of the most profound expressions of faith is optimism. The Lord has counseled us many times in the scriptures to "be of good cheer" and to "be not afraid." We also know that, as President Monson said, "the future is as bright as your faith." I believe that when we are filled with real unwavering faith in the Savior, we show that faith by being happy. The faith-filled missionaries that I have had the opportunity to serve with all have one thing that sets them apart from others: they are positive, even in the midst of heartache and disappointment.
The Savior has promised that "all will work together for the good of them who love God." Faith in this promise leads to an optimistic outlook on life and the future. I know that challenges can become opportunities, heartache is momentary, and God is aware of all His children. We have so many reasons to be optimistic.
Have a happy week!
Love,
Elder Sorensen
| Changwon Zone Conference 창원 존 대회 때 찍은 사진입니다 |
No comments:
Post a Comment