Singing singing all day long...
This was such a fun week.
We had our mission tour meeting in Busan this week, and Elder Choi Yoon Hwa of the 70 came and spoke to us. It was an interesting meeting because Elder Choi, being Korean, would switch between Korean and English while he was speaking to us. He did about 70% of the meeting all in English, but every once in a while, when he really wanted to emphasize a point, he would switch to Korean. One of the great benefits of the Korean language is that you can express so much more emotion and feeling through your words depending on the endings you throw on verbs and such.
It would be difficult to summarize what Elder Choi spoke about, seeing as he spoke to us for nearly 8 hours. But he seemed to keep going back to the same topic of D&C 6:36-- "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." It was a powerful message. Simple and to the point.
He and his wife both spoke for a long time about music--singing in particular. They told us to sing when we're happy, and especially when we're sad. The Lord, speaking in D&C 25:12, said that "the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.” They promised that if we make a habit of singing everywhere we go, all of our relationships will improve and we will be happier. They ended the meeting by telling all missionaries that as a new rule, we have to sing in the shower--and I don't think he was kidding. He said he's been singing in the shower for the last few decades. We have done a good job implementing the new rule in our little 4 man house. Mornings are definitely much more lively than they used to be...
We are looking to have two of our investigators baptized this coming Sunday: Brother Bak Jeongyeor and Brother Jo Jaemin. Both are in their late twenties. They have accepted everything very well up to this point. We love them both, and we're hoping all will go well this weekend.
I received the Christmas letter you sent! Letters are always so unexpected and such a blessing. Thank you thank you.
All is well here. I love being a part of this great work. I realized this morning that I have just barely hit my 18 month mark. My MTC Sisters will all be home in 2 weeks. Crazy. But if anything, it just makes me want to work harder.
President Barrow shared this quote with me a few weeks ago. It's by President Ezra Taft Benson:
“Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life.”
I have seen every one of those promises fulfilled over the last 18 months. I'm excited for the next 6. There is nothing in the world so satisfying as "turning your life over to God." I know Christ lives, I know this is His church.
Love,
Elder Sorensen


No comments:
Post a Comment